The purpose of the Confined Space Entry Program is to assure employee safety when entering confined spaces, such as manholes and vaults. Requirements of the program include:
- Developing an inventory of confined spaces,
- Performing hazard evaluations of confined spaces,
- Training employees on the hazards of confined space entry and permitting procedures, and
- Performing an annual review of confined space entries and program compliance.
Read about Confined Spaces in the Duke University Safety Manual.
Forms and documents used in the Confined Space Entry Program:
- Pre-Entry Hazard Assessment form
- Pre-Entry Assessment Decision Tree
- Permit Form for Permit Space Entry
- Confined Space Meter Calibration Log
For additional information, see OSHA's Confined Space Webpage.
Confined Space Questions? Please call 684-5996.