Use the RACE procedure:
- Remove persons in danger. Exit through stairwell, do not use elevator.
- Activate alarm (Code Red) AND dial 911.
- Close doors and windows.
- Extinguish fire. Have person knowledgeable of incident and area assist emergency personnel.
To extinguish the fire, use the correct fire extinguisher and the PASS procedure:
- Pull the pin
- Aim at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the handle
- Sweep from side to side
Always maintain accessible exit.
Avoid smoke or fumes.
Pull the Pin, Call it In.
Clothing on Fire
- STOP, DROP and ROLL around on the floor to smother flames or drench with water if safety shower is immediately available.
- Report incident to supervisor.
Always report any fire no matter how small to Duke Police: