Occupational Hygiene & Safety
The Occupational Hygiene & Safety Division coordinates the programs for evaluating, controlling, or eliminating both health and safety hazards in the workplace.
Duke Health Douglas Street
Physical Address: 501 Douglas Street, Suite 151, Durham, NC 27710
Mailing Address: Box 3387, Durham, NC 27710
Phone: 919-684-5996 Fax: 919-681-5916
In addition to the programs on the menu, OHS Division -
- Performs audits covering diverse occupational exposures. The audit process includes a hazard assessment followed by a review of policies and training related to the identified hazards.
- Conducts investigations of employee accidents related to equipment, grounds and safety awareness
- Assists in the design, testing and evaluation of engineered safety devices and controls
- Reviews and clears animal research protocols
- Provides input in the design phase of new building construction