Upcoming Fit Test Sessions
Upcoming open (walk-in) fit test sessions:
OESO, 501 Douglas St, Suite 151
Duke Raleigh Hospital old ICU space in North Pavilion, 2nd Floor
By appointment fit test sessions:
Employee Health Clinic at Duke Regional Hospital: Appointments available: M-F, 7:30a – 4:00p, closed 12:00-2:00 Wed. Please call 919-470-5350 to schedule an appointment.
Employee Health Clinic at Duke Raleigh Hospital: Please call 919-954-3952 to schedule an appointment.
Employee Health Clinic at Duke South: Please call 919-684-3136 to schedule an appointment.
Below are the instructions for coming to the OESO office at the Duke Health at Douglas Street building, located at 501 Douglas St, Suite 151, Durham, NC.
- Please park in the visitor’s lot in front of the building. (Any spot is fine – there are no special parking spaces for OESO.)
- Please check in at the main desk and indicate that you are here to see OESO for a respirator fit test.
- Directions may be found here.
We appreciate your close attention to the following important notes regarding respirator fit testing:
- The fit test session is offered to Duke employees only. This does not include contract employees, PDC Direct employees, or students.
- Employees must have their Duke ID badge with them at the time of the fit test.
- Employees must have a current medical clearance for respirator use on file with Employee Occupational Health & Wellness (EOHW).
- Any growth of facial hair that comes between the sealing surface of the respirator and the face is not permitted. If necessary, please shave before you come.
- See this CDC infographic for examples
- Only Duke employees who are required to wear a tight-fitting respirator for their job need a fit test.
- Smoking interferes with the testing. Please do not smoke within 60 minutes of your appointment.
- Employees who are required to wear a respirator for protection from airborne pathogens must complete the online training course, IH196 (“Respiratory Protection for Airborne Pathogens”) in Duke’s Safety Management System (SMS), annually.
Please contact our office at 919-684-5996 for further questions or assistance.