Lockout/Tagout (LOTO): Control of Hazardous Energy
The purpose of the Lockout/ Tagout (LOTO) program is to assist Duke departments in:
- Training of employees on the Control of Hazardous Energy,
- Identifying sources of, and controls for, hazardous energy,
- Development of Department-specific Lockout/ Tagout procedures, and
- Annual Inspection of Lockout/ Tagout compliance as required by OSHA.
Click here to read about Hazardous Energy Control in the Safety Manual.
Click here to read about the LOTO Annual Inspection process.
Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions on the LOTO program.
- LOTO Procedure Template
- LOTO Annual Inspection Form
- Engineering & Operations LOTO Annual Inspection Form
Additional Information on LOTO:
LOTO Questions? Please call 919-684-5996.