If you and your spouse or significant other are planning a pregnancy, you may be concerned about chemicals, hazardous drugs, or radiation in your work area. If this is the case, you can work with the Occupational and Environmental Safety Office (OESO) and Employee Occupational Health and Wellness (EOHW) to evaluate reproductive health risks.
Here are some things YOU can do:
- Review the Reproductive Health Policies in the
- Review the Work Hazards to Reproduction and Development report.
- Our Particularly Hazardous Substances page has some resources to help identify reproductive hazards.
- Document the agents you work with on EOHW's Reproductive Health Consultation Form.
- Schedule a Reproductive Health Consultation with EOHW by calling 919-684-3136. The EOHW physician will work with OESO as needed.
- You are welcome to contact OESO directly:
Questions about radiation exposure can be addressed by contacting the Radiation Safety Office at 919-684-2194.